INFORMATION NOTICE TO DATA SUBJECTS
"Personal data" is any information that relates to you and that identifies you either directly from that information or indirectly, by reference to other information that we have access to. The personal data that we collect, and how we collect it, depends upon how you interact with us. Categories of personal data that we collect include:
- Contact information such as name, email address and telephone number;
- [Biographical information such as job title, employer;
- Marketing, communication preferences;
- Billing and financial information such as billing address, bank account and payment information;
- Services information such as details of services that we have purchased from you;
We collect personal data directly from you as follows:
- When you use our website we collect information about your visit and how you interact with our website; and
- When you uses our services, we will ask for the information that we need to provide those services; this information includes contact details, billing information, information necessary to conduct pre-clearance checks and information relevant to the services we provide.
Most of the personal data that we collect about you will be information that you provide to us voluntarily. In some circumstances we may also receive information from:
- other [Group] entities;
- our clients, when we handle personal data on their behalf;
- regulatory bodies;
- credit reference agencies;
Some of these third-party sources may include publically available sources of information. We will also receive information about you from internet.
Use of personal Data
We will only use your personal data fairly and where we have a lawful reason to do so.
We are allowed to use your personal data if we have your consent or another legally permitted reason applies. These include to fulfil a contract with you, when we have a legal duty to comply with, or when it is in our legitimate business interest to use your personal data. We can only rely on our legitimate business interest, if it is fair and reasonable to do so.
Our use of your personal data depends on how and where you interact with us. We may use your personal data in following ways and lawful basis, to which you hereby consent:
- To provide news and information services including email briefings and newsletters;
- To send you details of surveys, campaigns or other initiatives that we co-ordinate.
- To maintain security and manage access to our websites.
- Sharing personal data in connection with acquisitions and transfers of our business. To comply with legal obligations and to facilitate the transaction.
- To manage our supply chain including identifying and maintaining contact with service providers.
We treat your personal data with respect and do not share it with third parties except as described below.
We may disclose your personal data to other suppliers and service providers including event organizers and partners and document production and management services entities for the purpose of our internal business processes (such as administration and billing) and for the purpose of providing our services.
We may share personal information when necessary with law enforcement and regulatory authorities.
Keeping your personal data
We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which we collected it, or to comply with any legal, regulatory or reporting obligations or to assert or defend against legal claims.
Transfer of your Personal Data Abroad
Due to the nature of our business and the services provided your Personal Data may be transferred outside the UAE to which you consent. When transferring the data outside of the UAE, relevant legally applicable data protection measures shall apply.
The right for an individual's privacy is protected by the UAE Constitution and secondary legislation. This provides you with an implied right to restrict any usage of your personal data, object to any processing (including transfer outside the UAE) to which you have consented, or withdraw your consent and make complain to relevant authorities.